Give a missed call on 777 999 1331 to vote Give a missed call on 777 999 1331 to vote

Bomb Threat Level


State Debt Level

Debt Remaining

Vote against OPS

*All votes remain anonymous. (Anonymity is a basic rule of democracy. We ensure that the details of all our voters remain anonymous)

OPS: A looming economic peril

In our mission to champion informed choices, we have been fervently creating awareness about the dangers of the Old Pension Scheme (OPS).

Understanding the scheme

OPS is the traditional pension scheme for government employees, through which they receive 50% of the last drawn salary as a pension. The catch here is that, unlike other pension schemes, they get a pension without any contribution to a pension fund during their years of service.

Who Are We?

We began our journey in 1996 and have since become one of India's foremost think tanks and advocacy groups. Under the guidance of Dr. Jayaprakash Narayan, a distinguished former civil servant and MLA, we’ve contributed to shaping pivotal reforms across politics, governance, and public policy. We are dedicated to creating a brighter, more informed future for all.

Why is it a Concern?

As governments struggle with increasingly tight budgets and financial constraints, OPS becomes a concern. Pension under OPS takes away a disproportionate amount of current tax revenue. It unfairly benefits a mere 3% of the workforce at the cost of the remaining 97%, which includes you.

  • The benefits under OPS are not just adjusted to cover a rise in prices but are also linked to periodic salary hikes of government employees. In effect, services rendered in the past continue to be rewarded based on today’s salaries.
  • When government salaries are periodically increased, pension commitments also rise. This burden is rising dramatically and is unsustainable.

With people now living longer than before, pension burden will escalate further. This increases debt and deepens fiscal crisis.

If the States continue to revert to OPS, salaries, pensions and interest payments on debt will far exceed the revenue, pushing the country into a debt trap and evenutally into a fiscal disaster.

The National Pension System (NPS)

The National Pension System (NPS), a defined contribution system introduced in 2004, presents a fiscally viable solution by mandating contributions from both employees and employers during active service, thus ensuring that there is no imposition of unsustainable burden on future generations or taxpayers. Not only does NPS promote fiscal prudence but it also provides social security for government employees through individual pension corpus, ensuring financial security for survivors. It is time to promote a contributory pension system for a sustainable and prosperous future.

How will you be impacted?

Job Insecurity

Rising Tax Burdens

Soaring Food Prices

Diminished Service Quality

Limited Access to Even the Basic Amenities

No subsidies for Farmers

Poor Infrastructure

Financial Instability

Collab of Education and Health Care


A Test of Resilience
For Each Generation


A Test of Resilience For Each Generation

India's future outlook

If a larger and larger share of our tax money goes to pay pensions for employees who worked in the past, we will be in a deep crisis, similar to Sri Lanka and Venezuela. The debt burden will rise, prices will soar, currency will fall further, and infrastructure and services will collapse.

Factors differ, but still point to a common future!

Factors differ, but still point to a common future!

The current OPS landscape

To prevent OPS from worsening our future, it's important to take action now.

The singular solution to this challenge is clear:

Say NO to OPS



This is the original contribution towards Foundation for Democratic Reforms
Beware of any impersonators

Scan QR to Donate

or click on this link

From the Event


Before the ticking time bomb explodes

Click here to go back to top of the page
Give a missed call on
777 999 1331 to vote